Laser marking essentially distinguishes between the following types of labeling:
Types of Laser Marking:
- • occasion lettering:
- with stainless steels and titanium oxygen storage in the surface,
- • white lettering,
- • deep engraving,
- • color removal e.g. of anodizing coatings for aluminum,
- • color change of plastics (usually additives in plastic required),
- • foaming of plastics,
- • ...
Advantages of Laser Marking:
- • longevity,
- • biocompatible for medical technology,
- • customizable,
- • space saving by data matrix code,
- • consecutive numbering can be generated (serial number, production date, ...),
- • cheap, f.e. no mask costs compared to pad printing,
- • ...
Examples: Laser Marking with Tempering Colors on Steel/ Stainless Steel.
and Contour Laser Cutted.