Laser marking essentially distinguishes between the following types of labeling:
Types of Laser Marking:
- occasion lettering:
- with stainless steels and titanium oxygen storage in the surface,
- white lettering,
- deep engraving,
- color removal e.g. of anodizing coatings for aluminum,
- color change of plastics (usually additives in plastic required),
- foaming of plastics,
Advantages of Laser Marking:
- biocompatible for medical technology,
- space saving by data matrix code,
- consecutive numbering can be generated (serial number, production date, ...),
- cheap, f.e. no mask costs compared to pad printing,
Examples: Laser Marking with Tempering Colors on Steel/ Stainless Steel.
and Contour Laser Cutted.